Benefits of Ozone Treatment :
• Ozone removes color and odor completely
• Ozone disinfects the water thoroughly from micro organisms such
as bacteria, algae, fungus, virus etc
• Ozone treatment drastically reduces BOD and COD
• Removal of organic and inorganic matter
• Removal of micro-pollutants, such as pesticides
• Enhancement of the flocculation/ coagulation, decantation process
• Oxidatioin of metals and non-metals such as iron, arsenic,
manganese, hydrogen sulphide and all organic matter.
air cooling+water cooling
air cooling +water coolig
air cooling +water cooling
How ozone helps in waste water treatment ?
• Colour Removal - Color is formed by heavy phenol like compounds that have
conjugated carbon/ carbon double bonds. Ozone is attracted to break
organic double bonds. As more of these bonds are eliminated , the
• Removal of Heavy Metals - Ozone oxidizes the transition metals to their higher oxidation
state in which they usually form less soluable oxides, easy to
separate by filtration. e.g. iron is usually in the ferrous state
when it is dissolved in water. With ozone it yields ferric iron,
further oxidized in water to ferric hydroxide that is very
insoluable precipitates out for filtration. Other metals: Arsenic
(in presence of Iron), Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Lead,
Manganese, Nickel, Zinc - can be treated in a similar way.
• Improved Coagulation and Turnidity Removal - Oxidation of dissolved organic materials by ozone results
forming precipitates. Treatment of a surface water with of ozone
results in a decrease in turbidity, improved settle ability and a
reduction in the number of particles.
• Algae Removal - Ozonation of a water contaminated with algae oxidizes and floats
the algae to the top of the reservoir. The ozone will also oxidize
the metabolic by-products of the algae and remove the undesirable
odor and taste.
Applications of Ozone in waste water :
• Oxidation of organic waste.
• Cyanide destruction
• Ground water petrochemical oxidation
• Heavy metal precipitation
• Pulp & paper efflents
• Textile Mill effluents
• Textile Dye, Starch, FOG (Fate, Oil, Grease) elimination
• Pesticide, herbicide and insecticide elimination
• BOD reduction of domestic waste
• Secondary treatments for municipal waste water
• Mining heavy metal precipition
• Sewage water treatment
• Process water treatment